Diving Project HSE Advisor
To assist with the planning, coordinating, implementation and supervision of effective HSE and Cause No Harm policies, procedures, guidelines and practices, supporting the company’s diving division for diving activities.
This position assists the HSE Director and top management of Offshore Construction to provide direction and guidance to local operations management, project management teams, field personnel, and subcontractor management to avoid job-related illnesses and injuries, property and equipment damage, and environmental losses.
- Ensure that the Diving operation is performed safely and in compliance with the IMCA code of practice
- Conducts regular audits and inspections at project locations to ensure that the company’s personnel, vessel/barge, and diving equipment and systems comply with regulatory and company standards.
- Develop and implement HSE Plans and emergency response plans that comply with company policies and procedures and local client requirements.
- Ensures offshore personnel are aware of safe practices/safety rules and all offshore diving activates are carried out in line with Company HSSE rules, regulations and procedures.
- Works closely with the IMCA and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance and align departmental policy in field diving operations
- Provides safety expertise and advice to line managers on diving related activities.
- Supervision of Project Diving HSE and Diving Medical staff, including Life Support Technicians.
- Investigate and prepare a report for all accidents and near-misses
- Assists worksite line management in the development of worksite HSE and Cause No Harm promotions and campaigns.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts HSSE training and development workshops
- Min 5 years relevant practical experience in Occupational HSE, particularly in the Diving/Oil & Gas industry.
- 2-year experience in diving related company/vessel Holding certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or other allied fields. I.e. NEBOSH
- Reasonable knowledge of relevant HSE principles.
- Knowledge of offshore diving techniques and the ability to recommend safe work practices.
- Ability to carry out an incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Be familiar with the roles and responsibilities detailed in IMCA D 022 and the Company Diving Manual.