INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may store or transfer your personal data to our sister companies around the world. We transfer and store your personal data with security measures in place. In certain circumstances, we may share your information with selected service providers who perform functions on our behalf such as providing IT, delivering our email alerts and other support and maintenance services that help us run the website. Our service providers will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions. We have the right to share your information with law enforcement or public authorities if legally required to do so, or to prevent security, fraud or technical issues.
If you have registered to receive email updates from us, and you no longer wish to receive these, you can unsubscribe by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all email alerts.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, before making it non-identifiable or deleting it. If you choose to unsubscribe from a service, we may keep a list containing your personal details, so we know you have unsubscribed. Applying for a job at NS? When you apply to become part of the NS team, via our careers website and online application form, your information will be processed solely for the purposes in which it is provided and will be retained for a period necessary to comply with our legal and administrative requirements.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under Data Protection Law, you have the rights which we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information:
- Your right to access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
- Your right to rectification (correction) - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
- Your right to erasure (to be forgotten) - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. This right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
- Your right to object - You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process forms part of our public tasks or is in our legitimate interests.
- Your right to not be subject to automated decision making.
In the event when a data breach occurs, the affected company, “NS” has 72 hours to inform their supervisory authority and are obliged to tell users as quickly as possible. Each content management system which NS utilises has the ability to pull together users details in which NS will then be able to contact in the event of a breach.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
NS has appointed a Data Protection Officer, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the individual below:
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or another device when you first visit a website. The next time you visit that website, any relevant cookies are sent back to the website, so that the site knows you have been there before. Cookies help you to navigate between different website pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience.
Chief Executive Officer