It is essential that diving contractors have a robust and comprehensive Diving Safety Management System (DSMS) to support diving operations to ensure the safety of personnel is never compromised and projects can be carried out efficiently.
Namaka can ensure the relevant documentation can be produced to develop the Diving Management System (DMS) following the guidance of IMCA D014 International Code of Practice for Offshore Diving Operations and other IMCA guidance associated documents.
The process is designed to ensure that the diving contractor has all the necessary manuals/procedures/processes required to adhere to the diving industries current diving legislation in their area of operation as well as adhering with the guidance of IMCA.
Below is a list of deliverables which can be developed for both surface orientated and saturation diving operations and which is non-exhaustive and may be extended depending on the Client requirements.
- Diving operations manual
- Diving operations emergency manual
- Emergency response plan
- Emergency response drills
- Diving project plan
- Hyperbaric evacuation plan
- Divers maximum excursion calculations/drawings
- Extended umbilical diving procedure
- Permit to work process
- Lockout/Tagout process
- Risk assessment process
- Control of work process
- SIMOPS procedure
- Bridging document
- Incident/accident investigation/reporting process
- Personnel management procedure
- Personnel Competence Scheme
- Diving system normal operating procedures
- Diving system emergency operating procedures
- Diving equipment maintenance manual.
The purpose is to provide technical and operational support to ensure the Client has sufficient confidence to carry out diving operations, ensuring compliance with current best industry practices as well as guidance and geographical legislation.