Namaka Subsea has developed a three-day auditing and assurance awareness course. The course is designed to provide awareness of the competence requirements and process of completing diving contractor technical and operational audits.
The course is made up of 12 modules and includes a multi-choice exam which will be completed at the end of the three days. All modules are discussed in-depth and contain essential information required not only to understand how an audit should be carried out but also how to manage an audit through to completion and is aimed at all diving personnel involved with diving operations.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Diving System Auditing and Assurance.
- Module 2 - The Role of Diving Industry Organisations.
- Module 3 – What is Diving System Auditing and Assurance?
- Module 4 – Planning and Preparing for an Audit.
- Module 5 – Auditor Competence.
- Module 6 – How to Manage an Audit.
- Module 7 – Planned Maintenance and Certification.
- Module 8 – Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis.
- Module 9 – Classification, who, what, why, how?
- Module 10 – Safety Management Systems
- Module 11 – Carrying out the Audit (Practical Session)
- Module 12 – Closing out the audit.
The introduction of new laws throughout the world regarding corporate manslaughter, which would hold the End Client [operator] accountable as well as the Diving Contractor, has led to diving contractor audits evolving. The past few years have seen a substantial change in diving contractor auditing and assurance within the industry, due to more in-depth audits and a requirement for higher competencies of diving operations auditors.
In an effort to assist the industry to achieve safer working practices and operations, Namaka Subsea plays an active role, by ensuring a position within the relevant workgroups, such as the International Diving Industry Forum (IDIF) and committees such as IMCA Safety, Medical, Technical & Training (SMTT) committee. Involvement in these workgroups has seen the development of auditing processes on behalf of IOGP and IMCA.
Duration: 3 days
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm UK
With regards to restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Namaka Subsea courses are being run online using www.stafleaf.com. All online courses are presented live by Namaka Subsea’s subject matter experts.